Sunday, March 21, 2010

Latest news..

We've been LOVING this gorgeous spring weather! And I, for one, hope it doesn't go away! I know that Josie agrees with me, because she is forever asking to go outside. For a while, here's how our conversation would go..
Josie: Outside! Bike!
Me: We don't have a bike.
Josie: Find one, Mommy. (in the saddest voice you can imagine..)
Me: We can't take someone else's bike.
Josie: Please, Mommy. Outside, find a bike! (still in the sad voice.)

So we broke down and bought her a tricycle! She absolutely loves it, and always wants to ride it. She's figured out how to pedal, now we need to work on the steering..

I'm not always very prompt in getting Josie down when she finishes her breakfast, so she sometimes gets creative to keep herself busy while I finish eating.

She decided to try out her cousin Gavin's bumbo seat. She's a little big...



We had a sad evening at our house on Thursday.. Josie decided to try to climb one of our stools by herself and ended up pulling the stool down on herself. I have never had such a distraught baby (or ever been so distraught!). This was her first pretty serious injury! The lump on her forehead appeared immediately and it was HUGE. She cried for a good 5 minutes straight, the moved on to whimpering, and then decided that holding a bag of ice on her head was pretty funny. She went right back to normal and everything is completely fine. (THANK GOODNESS!) She has a couple of pretty good bruises on her head and a big one on her arm, but she already thinks they're pretty cool. Funny girl. Here are a couple of shots after she calmed down:

8 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Our girls must have decided to do that together. Emma has a black eye right now from pulling on our stools. We're pretty excited to start going outside again too!

DeAnna said...

That tricycle is adorable! And the goose egg.....wow! She really bonked herself....that is a big one! Glad she's okay!

Tassia said...

Poor Josie! That's a pretty big bonk! Sadly, it won't be the last. I think all kids are accident prone...that's just how it is. Luke seems to always have some sort of bump or bruise somewhere. Her bike is AWESOME! We are bringing Luke's bike when we come so they can ride around the circle at Mimi and Papa's together!

Mackenzie said...

Oh my gosh that bump is huge! Poor baby.

Stephanie Williams said...

I love the bike conversation! So funny!! I am glad she is ok and the bump is not serious!

The Child Family said...

Oh that bump is so sad!!!! I'm so sorry, poor Josie. I hope it goes down soon. Stools can be dangerous, we've had many many accidents with them, and chairs, and tables... basically anything not attached to the wall or floor :)
Her new tricycle is SOOOOOOOO cute, I bet she has one great summer on that thing!!!

beth said...

Ouch! That's quite a battle wound. I'm glad it's not serious enough to keep her from riding her cute new trike!

Jaynann said...

Poor Josie. At least her first serious injury didn't involve blood or stitches! I'd stock up on the band aids though...she's just at the right age this summer to love playing outside but not so coordinated yet to avoid frequent contact with the cement =) Lydia's knees had permanent scabs for a whole summer--we finally got smart and started putting a big bandaid on each knee BEFORE she went outside!