My best ideas come to me at that moment right before I fall asleep and yet I'm not quite awake. I'm sure you know the feeling. The last few nights I've laid in bed listening to Justin snore as the brilliant ideas flowed for 30 minutes straight. I've thought about putting a note pad next to the bed to jot things down in an effort to empty my head out so that I could sleep, but I'm afraid of what I might find in the morning. And of course, the most brilliant ideas fade the fastest. The more awake I am, the more foggy they become until I just sit there thinking, 'I know it was great. If only I could remember...'
Tonight I was laying in bed for nearly 40 minutes before I decided that I was more awake than asleep and that all that water I drank right before bedtime wasn't helping my cause. So here I am. And here are a few of the random thoughts keeping me up tonight. Maybe if I share them I'll be able to go to sleep.
~New ward boundaries. I wonder who's not in the ward anymore. Probably most of the people I know, since that's how my luck works. Too bad I'm not in the new ward. I would have been released from my calling. But then, why wouldn't I be in the Green Meadows ward when I live in the Green Meadows subdivision?
~Why did one person's suggestions rub me the wrong way? I'm sure she was just trying to help. Why can't I let it go? Am I being overly sensitive, or was she being rude?
~ Josie has to get her shots this week. Poor Anna.
~ I should call Linda tomorrow. And buy stamps. And take the movies back. And buy milk.
~ I need a new book. And a bigger bookcase for that matter. The two small ones I have are full and I still have a stack of books that aren't filed away alphabetically. (Yes, my books are alphabetized. It's easier to find the one I want that way.)
Nothing brilliant tonight, but I have my moments. A few nights ago I had a great idea for that novel that I've always wanted to write. It was actually a pretty good idea. I would tell you about it, but I don't want to jinx it. Maybe if it actually turns in to more than a 2 page story I might share. We'll see.




5 comments:
I totally hear you, I love the idea about the note pad next to the bed! I need to do that! I just keep a book and start reading, that usually makes me fall asleep.
I love your blog! It is super cute!! I found it off of the Gleisberg's.
Oh and yes, you are still in the GM ward. We all are! Everything except the Springs and east of 1400 W. We have a new bishopric. Anderson, McKinnon, and Wilcock. I love it, we have a great ward and we are all so close knit. I'm so glad we get to keep our neighbors!!
I am the same way at night. My brain is always going with things I need to do the next day or that I forgot to do. Especially with school and wedding stuff I don't get a break. I wish I had an off button for my brain so that I could just go to sleep and not worry about anything. But it always seems that my thoughts before I fall asleep sneak into my dreams and then i have nightmares that I forget to do the things I am supposed to do the next day. At one point I would just lay in bed for what felt like hours just because my brain kept thinking and planning. I started to take sleeping pills so I could get some rest.
You have a new baby and you have trouble falling asleep? :) That's bad luck, it takes me an average of 5 seconds to fall asleep. And that's at anytime during the day, boy did Zach cure any sleep problems I might of had, except for that whole not getting enough of it now.
I had the same kind of night last night too. It was rough. Just kept thinking of things - nothing brillant though.
I'm still sad that I'll have to give Joslyn her shots soon. I'm dreading that day already.
i am sorry that you had a bad night also. some nights are just that way. hope that tonight is better. hope that your feelings are better and same with all the other things that are going on. if you ever just need to talk..anytime just give me a call.
Post a Comment