Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Neighbor

We have a new neighbor! This little bird moved in on the rocks on our side yard. There are 4 eggs and they look almost just like the rocks around them. The bird is a killdeer. Interesting tidbit: The adult killdeer will do just about anything to draw potential predators away from the nest, including faking a broken wing or playing dead! Our killdeer just runs away from the nest and squawks loudly. Anyways, here's a couple of pictures of our new neighbor. I circled the eggs in the 3rd picture down. They really look a lot like the rocks..







Josie is getting to be more and more fun. I love watching her learn and figure things out on her own. A few days ago, she climbed right into her toy basket so that she didn't have to lean over it to get to the toys. It was so funny!








And finally, after some careful consideration, we have decided that Josie has said her first word! For some time now, she has said "mamamamama" (etc.) and "dadadadada" (etc.) as she was playing, but there was never a clear "Mama" or "Dada". Plus, she never seemed to say them to us. Anyways, Josie's Official first word is "Ball!" Here's a video of her being cute and saying "ball".


5 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh that is so cute! She says it so clear too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! She could be one of the cutest things ever! If I may say so myself! I can't believe how fast they grow and learn.

Cari said...

k, she is such a doll! soo cute!

Stewart Family said...

so cute!

Stewart Family said...

oh yeah... when Stephanie and her family moves here we should totally try to get a bunch of Kailua people together :o)