I have been putting off shopping for a few days now and finally had to brave the heat and make it to Sam's Club. (I only had 3 diapers left...) Josie has been a little more cranky than lately for 2 reasons: 1. Teething (YUCK!) 2. Lack of naps--she's been skipping her afternoon nap about every other day now and taking shorter morning naps.
So, we had a fairly decent morning nap and I thought that going out would be ok. We got into Sam's and I had a fussy baby who just wanted to be held the entire time. Have you ever tried shopping in bulk while carrying a nearly 20lb baby??? Its not easy, but I was handling it. Then it was time to get the diapers. They were stacked about 5 boxes high and I reached up for the top one and saw, in SLOW MOTION, the entire stack start tipping towards the aisle, then CRASH!! That's right, I knocked down half the diapers. We're talking mega-packs of diapers filling the aisle. No one could get past. On top of that, the falling boxes scared Josie and she started crying. Then, the worst part is that a Sam's Club employee saw the entire thing happen and WALKED AWAY. I was so angry. I was headed for a melt down, when a very nice lady came up and said, "I totally understand what you're going through. You never have enough hands!" and helped me stack the diapers back up. So what could have been a potentially terrible day turned out to be just a funny story because of someone doing something so small and easy to make me feel better. It took that lady a whole 5 seconds to help me, but it made all the difference to me! Thank you, kind stranger in Sam's Club!!!
Pegboard Corner Desk Tutorial
6 years ago




3 comments:
Seriously there needs to be more people like her. I'm glad everything turned out okay and you didn't have your melt down. :)
I just can't help but see the boxes fall in slow motion... just like the movies. Kind ofwish I was there to see it happen. I'm glad there was a nice lady there to help you keep your sanity. :)
some people make the world a better place..and others...........not so much! to make you feel better, i do stuff like that daily.....it's just another day for me! hands full of the of the good stuff....kids!
Post a Comment