Saturday, August 29, 2009

San Diego Zoo

Its a Saturday afternoon and I somehow got the hubby and the baby down for naps! So, I figured now would be a GREAT time to update the blog. We spent the day after the wedding at the San Diego Zoo. For those of you who haven't been there, it is HUGE. We were there from 10 am to 7pm and still didn't see the whole thing. Quite the change from the zoo in Logan, which takes a whole 45 minutes if you dawdle. So it was a very long, tiring, but very cool day. And it was great to spend the day with almost all my family. WARNING: TONS OF PICTURES!!
While we waited to get our tickets, Brandson thought about trying out this walking business.

The first thing we did inside the zoo was a bus tour. If you ever go, take the tour. Especially if its included in the price of your ticket. Its pretty cool! Waiting in line for the tour...


On the tour...
Dan & Trisha



Staying hydrated!


Can you guess which kids are brother and sister?
We had one double stroller that reclined, so the kids took turns taking naps. We had random people all day asking about twins, or brother and sister, etc. We decided that this picture combo here shows which kids look the most alike: L-Brandson and Josie, R- Noah and Naylia.

They had these little photo ops all over the zoo. It was so fun!



Noah, checking out the animals.

The Pandas



Hippo was a favorite.

Noah found a stick! Hurray!


I know bears and fierce and all, but they looks so cute and cuddly when they're sleeping..


Josie Bug


The Lion was another favorite. At every other zoo I've been to, the lion is always sleeping out of sight. This one just woke up and decided to take a stroll and make some noise. It was awesome!


Interesting...


Nate has super strength!! Check him out!

P.S. That's not a real elephant..
Here are the real elephants!

Giraffe feeding time

Rhino with his amazing body armor..

Can you find what every one is looking at? Hint: SHE's next to the street sign.

Bigger Hint: She's a lady dressed up like a plant.. You can only see her face.
Petting Zoo
Josie and Noah needed some help being soft.. and not chasing the goats.



So cute!


Papa and Tutu wanted a picture with all of their grandkids, since this is the first time they've ever been all together. So here they are with Nate (10), Naylia (3), Noah (15 mo.), Brandson (11 mo.), and Josie (13 mo.). We had just gotten Noah and Josie back in their strollers, so we didn't take them out.


Me with Naylia and Josie outside of the zoo.

After the zoo, we stopped at a nearby Denny's to have some dinner. Yum!
It was a CRAZY LONG day, but it was tons of fun. I totally recommend the Zoo, if you're going to the San Diego area!

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

great pictures.....you look so cute in all these 'Liss!

Stephanie Williams said...

That last picture of you and Josie together was my favorite! So cute. Looks like a fun trip. I was so glad to see you last night. You look great!

Nielsen Family said...

Wow! That is a huge zoo. I'm so glad you got to go see all your family. I was sad that I didn't get to see you though at the hunt. Maybe next time!

jmjenkins2 said...

It's good to see your family. It feels like forever since I have seen everyone. Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Aaron and Devon said...

What fun! It is crazy to see your family all grown up. I haven't seen any of them in at least 15 years probably.