Monday, October 19, 2009

Adventures in Sewing Part 2


Some might say that I've been going a little sew-crazy, and its true!! I love having a sewing machine and I have years of not sewing to make up for! (Although, I am getting low on my fabric remnants, so I may have to slow down here pretty soon..) Since the last post, I have been searching some wonderful blogs with patterns, tutorials, and ideas for sewing.  I found this pattern on Etsy, but I am too broke to buy it, so I decided to improvise. I copied the basic structure of one of Josie's dresses, and then took some stylin' from the pictures of that pattern. And here is the final product:




Josie was having so much fun modeling that we had to take LOTS of pictures. She said "Cheese!" for every one. She's such a cute little stinker!

11 comments:

Ariana said...

Very cute - you should check out this site...has a bunch of free patterns and stuff.
www.youcanmakethis.com

Brittnee said...

it's so addicting huh!

Stephanie Williams said...

That dress is awesome! I can not sew clothes, you need to teach me. It looks amazing!

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh Lissy - I never knew you were a sewer - the dress is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Lissy!! It's adorable! That's so much that you can make stuff for Josie now!!

Cari said...

love it! soo cute!! you are good! :)

Noelle said...

Alissa that is adorable!! Once you get things going with sewing it's hard to stop! I have so many things I want to make but not enough $ for fabric. Can't get over what a great job you did!

The Child Family said...

Those dresses are so cute!!!! I can't believe you made them. I need a sewing machine so I can keep up with all you domestic ladies :)

Jaynann said...

Way cute! You inspire me to revive my neglected machine and get into some projects again =)

Melinda said...

I love it!!! I'm impressed. Good job Lissy!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

THAT is adorable!! I'm very impressed you did that without a pattern, you are talented!! Looks like Josie LOVES it!