Sundays are always fun at our house, since we don't get home from church until 2 and nap time is 1. Yesterday was SUPER fun because Josie refused to take a nap. She sat in her room, yelling, singing, playing, etc. for nearly 2 hours. She wasn't crying, so we decided to just let her stay.. hoping of course, that she would fall asleep. Needless to say, we were quite excited when bed time rolled around. Josie was exhausted and sooo ready for bed. It was then that I discovered what was keeping her so entertained during nap time.....
I know its hard to judge scale on this picture, but that is probably about 8 inches of wall paper border missing. I was so angry/upset/baffled/etc., and the main problem is this:
How do you punish a 1 year old for something like this?
She had no idea that she was being bad. I told her it was a naughty thing to do and she said, "Nau-ee." Justin told her that she needed to say sorry, so she said, "Sorry, Ma-ee" (ma-ee is mommy). How do you keep it from happening again???? Last night we just decided that apologizing was enough and pulled the crib into the middle of the room and put her to bed. The border goes all the way around the room, where are we going to put the crib??? I just don't know what to do with our mischievous little monkey... 




11 comments:
Ouch! I suspect there's a considerable amount of spunk behind that cute little cheeky grin =) Try moving her crib out away from the wall just far enough she can't reach the wall...
I feel your pain. Lorelai is almost 3 and she decided to take a FULL bottle of desitin (oil based) and rub the ENTIRE thing into the carpet yesterday during her nap time. That stuff doesnt come out. I know exactly how you feel. Lorelai does this stuff all the time and she seems to still not get it. Good luck! If you figure out how to stop it, let me know =)
Oh my niece did that too! She sure is cute though.
You guys did good. At this age they really don't understand and you can't punish them for it. Also it's good to tell her to say, "I'm sorry." But they don't fully understand that either so if she doesn't say it after telling her to once, don't force it. Apologize for her and then drop it. It's a good thing cute! :)
Oh no! Your poor wall! I wouldn't know what to do either, but I think you handled it well.
Time for a new painting project!
Oh geez.....so frustrating but kinda funny at the same time....what a stinker-poo!
Sorry, I feel your frustration, but I don't think I've laughted that hard for a long time. I can just picture her little innocent face she gave you.
Oh man. I am sorry .She sure is cute, though, I'm sure that doesn't make up for the crazy things she does sometimes, ha ha You are good parents!
Ugh I don't know but if you figure it out let me know cause I am totally in the same boat. I'm stuck on what to do with her when she does something she knows is wrong... like does time out work at this age? It doesn't seem like it.
Oh man! It is so hard to know what to do. That sounds good to me though.
sheesh....what to do?? i don't know??? but looks like your pre holdiays have been good!
Post a Comment