Josie is getting SO big, I just can't believe it! She talks in sentences all of the time, and I can understand her about 80% of the time. She tries to say anything and everything she hears (scary, I know!). Just the other day, after watching a Sesame Street, she started saying, "Umm... turkey cow!" and we couldn't figure out where she'd even heard the work turkey, until we remembered that they had a farm/animal segment on the Sesame Street and asked a little girl what kinds of animals she saw... (yea, she saw, um.. turkeys, cows, etc.)
Just yesterday, I was woken up by some crazy yelling coming through the monitor. Once I woke up enough to be coherent, I realized she was yelling, "MOMMY, WAKE UP!!"
So here are some pictures of our big girl for you to enjoy. She's still a big cheeser and tons of fun to have around. Here she is helping mom get some cleaning done....

Like any girl out there, Josie LOVES shoes. She'll wear any that she can get her hands on, and we even have to try some on at the store sometimes.

She loves accessories--here she is with upside down sunglasses, toy bracelets, and of course, her car.

I encourage you all to invest in one of these $10 hampers from Wal-mart. Its one of Josie's favorite toys. She was inside and saw this toy on the ground and decided she wanted that too, so reached out the hole in the side and tried to pull it in.. While I took this picture, she was saying, "Stuck! stuck!"

We also love to pretend, and Josie's favorite is pretending to be asleep. I was working on a sewing project and she grabbed all my scraps and draped herself in them and "fell asleep". I was a little too slow with the camera, but you get the idea..

If you haven't seen Josie lately, you will be SHOCKED by the amount of hair she has! There's enough for pigtails! Yay! I think I'm more excited about that than anyone else, but its so stinkin' cute! And yes, she's still very much Justin's daughter...

We've been learning emotions lately. Here's how it goes: Happy! (Big smile), Sad (frown), Surprised! (gasp!), etc. This is Josie's "sad".

We had a ward talent show and Josie very much wanted to get up on the stage. She didn't get to go up, but she got to say hi in the mic.

And last, but definitely not least, Josie has decided that some days, she is ready to go potty in the toilet! On Monday night, we were all happily shocked when Josie ran to the potty after a bath and sat down and peed. We had a repeat occurrence Tuesday! Yay Josie!! We are very far from potty trained. But still, its exciting news and we are very proud of her!

Funny thing that just happened as I am sitting here blogging:
Josie ran into the bathroom and said "Oh no, light off". So she came scurrying out to the living room, climbed up on the couch, flipped the light switch, then ran back to the bathroom. "Oh no, light off..."
7 comments:
She's so fun and yeah for the potty!
I love that little girl!!!! Tucker is sitting on my lap fascinated with pictures of Josie! :) And I'm so jealous of the potty thing....but yay for Josie!!!
She is adorable! We had such a great time with her when we were up at your house.
Thank you for raising such a fun kid!
She is getting SO big! Her hair is so adorable and makes me excited for Laneybug to have some hair someday. :) I love the last comment...what a silly girl! LOL! I laughed out loud and Luke said, "What happened, Mom? It's funny?" It just gets better and better. :) Miss you guys!
I can't believe how big she has gotten! That is so cool about her going potty! Come teach Lorelai, Josie!! She is so cute!
LOL!!! Tim and I laughed. I love watching her grow up! She's so stinkin cute!
Holy cow, she is so advanced!!! That's awesome. She is adorable!!!!
Post a Comment