Monday, May 10, 2010

Crazy times

The our life since the last update has been CRAZY. Going back a ways, Justin and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on April 23rd. It was fantastic! Josie got to spend the weekend at Mimi & Papa's house and she had a blast. She didn't want to come home with us. But, we got back to normal life after that.
The week following that had some rough times, and I have to say THANK YOU to a great friend who sent flowers from across the country.. Thank you! They are gorgeous!! (and still alive.. hurray!)
And this last week, we went to California for my sister Kimberly's wedding! We left early early Wednesday morning and got to spend the rest of the week hanging out with my family. I LOVED it! We were only missing 1 family (we missed you Dan & Trisha!!!!!) and we had a lot of fun together. Josie loved spending time with Grandma Tutu and her cousin Noah. She asked me today, "Where Noah?" and now she says, "Noah at Mommy's house." I'm afraid I was a terrible slacker with taking pictures. I need to get all my family to send me the pictures they took of the trip. Here are a few that I have:
Hanging out with Aunt Kimberly at the mall.

Setting up for the wedding..
..complete with a practice walk down the aisle...
.. and beautiful pretend brides. :)
Here are a few Saturday morning shots:
Bride getting ready. Lucky for her, her sister is a certified make-up person (way to go Kelley!)
Dad did a great job of keeping Josie occupied with plenty of walks around the church. Aren't they cute?

Greg and Noah
The wedding:
Josie was the flower girl of sorts, and took a flower to Tutu to start things off. She was so adorable.
Kimberly and Jon
The open house after the wedding was at my sister Andrea's house. Shawna took care of the food. It was all SO delicious! I learned a few new recipes that I need to try out sometime.
A lively crowd.. My dad, bro-in-law Nate, Kelley and Josie
Outside--party zone
The wedding and the reception were wonderful. I wish I had a few more pictures to show how great everything went. It was so fun to see all the people that I knew when I lived there. We ate lots of great food, had a WONDERFUL time with my family and wish that we could have stayed longer. On Sunday Morning, we hung around for a while to have breakfast with the family and a little Mother's day celebration with my mom. I think the last time I got to celebrate with Mom was when I was in high school. It was fun to have one last party before hopping in the car for a LONG drive. Josie was a super star on the drive. Her favorite part was the stop in Reno where we found this:
It was a great trip, and we already miss all the fam, but it is great to be home and sleep in our own beds... Last night when we got into the house, Josie said, "Yay! Josie house!!" Me and Justin felt the same as we collapsed into bed. Yay for long drives being over!
Congratulations to Jon and Kimberly! We're glad we could be there for your special day!

8 comments:

Jason and Abby said...

Wow you have been busy! We're glad you're back!

Erin said...

Glad you got to visit with your family!!!

Stephanie Williams said...

How fun to visit with your family and be there for the wedding. Glad the trip went well!

The Child Family said...

Oh those pictures make me miss Cali SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! especially since it was snowing here :)
Josie made an adorable flower girl. I'm glad you had a good trip and were able to make it for your sister's wedding

beth said...

Hooray for Kim! Too bad you were one family short of a full reunion.

What a sweet friend to send you flowers!

Nielsen Family said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to see your family. Everything looks beautiful. Congrats Kim! Josie is too cute..."Josie house" haha

Charee B Mcclellan said...

looks like the wedding was a good one. she looked so nice. hope that you are doing ok?? i worry about you not doing well...hope you are doing better now...call me, lets talk. i have missed you!

Melinda said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the classic black and white. Josie rocked that flower girl dress, and the red car.