Just as we got you all scared for us, we have great news! After a great weekend in Ogden with the family (and JOSIE!), I came home for my next check up. After an hour of waiting in the lobby, and another 10 minutes waiting for the doctor, he told me that my platelet levels are above 160! The normal range is over 150. Such great progress! And Josie gets to come home! We are so thrilled. I'm not totally out of the woods yet. I still have to go in once a week for a check-up, and finish up the steroid treatment, just to be sure I don't drop down again. Luckily, I get to switch to a lower dosage each week.
I also chatted with the doctor about what exactly caused this chaos. They (the team of doctors who have been dealing with me this month) thought that it was a medication I had been given during my D&C. The hematologist was finally given the records and to our dismay, I wasn't given any of the drugs that have been known to cause it. Well, it turns out that in some cases with miscarriages, and all the stress that a body goes through during that, the immune system can get a little crazy and start killing off things it shouldn't. That's what happened in my case. I'm just glad there is some explanation for it. In most cases of Thrombocytopenia (medical term for low platelets), they don't know what causes it. Also, since I have had this condition, I am now considered a high risk for getting it again. But, we know now what symptoms to watch for before it gets to a critically low level, so we can handle it!
Thank you all, for all the help, calls, texts, e-mails, meals, and EVERYTHING. This has been a totally crazy month for us and we're glad that we get to end it in some sort of normality.
And we're excited to have this little monster back home!




11 comments:
Yeah!!! Oh I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad your safe again and that you got your little Josie back! I think that would have driven me crazy.
Congrats! We're so happy for you! let us know if you need help with anything! We're happy to tend Josie if you ever want a night out or just time to relax.
What a relief! Glad things are on the way back to being normal. We can't have you ill when we come for our visit...that would be NO fun! :)
So glad to hear you're doing better, and Josie is back home:)
So sorry about everything! But I am glad that you are getting back to normal now.
Sorry to hear about this. I am glad that things are on the upside. HOpe you continue to get better. WE will remember you in our prayers. (hugs)
Glad you are doing better, sorry things have been tough.
I'm so glad! Glad that those platelets are up and that you know what to watch for in the future.....and glad that that darling little girl gets to come home! I bet she missed you as much as you missed her!
OH so glad to hear, I was getting worried about you!! Let me know if I can watch Josie for you anytime!!
I'm so glad she's coming home, and that you're doing better. That's a lot to deal with in a short amount of time. Good luck!!!!! Please let me know if you need anything
like i told you in my text, it gave me goose bumps that your levels had gotten as high as they did in such a short amount of time. you are best by lots of love, prayers/friends and family! love you girl. glad that things are looking up. I HAVE MISSED YOU!
Post a Comment