Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baking Club?

So I have been stewing over an idea for a while and I just wanted to sound off and see what you guys think. Here it is (I know, the title of the post kind of gave it away..): a baking club! Its kind of like a book club, but instead, you get together and bake things! So here's how it would work:

Each month, or week, or however often you want to meet, you get together at someone in the club's house. The hostess chooses one of their favorite recipes and has everything prepared to make it. (Or maybe assigns each person an ingredient to bring..). Then you all get together and bake. The benefits: 1. Socialize! 2. Get a new recipe AND know exactly how to make it. 3. Get to take some of the food home!

I think it would be fun. If any of you local folks are interested, let me know and maybe we can get something going. If you just think I'm being silly, let me know that too. :)


2 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

yes...i am in for sure. i have always thought that one of these would be so much fun!! i just am not a cooker and thought it would be funny if i head started it. lets do it no matter what and make almond joys every time!!!! heee hee just kidding, but i love it and lets start it right away. my hubby would be so proud of me too.

Nielsen Family said...

Jeez...thought sounds like a fun idea. My ward over here does tons of "clubs" cause we are all so bored. But we have a cooking club and it was always tons of fun.