Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello, my name is Grouchy Pants

While at the store the other day, I saw this hilarious onesie that had a name tag drawn on the front that said "Hello, my name is Grouchy Pants". I cracked up and went on with my shopping. Little did I know that I would be needing that onesie. I know I don't have a lot to complain about, since my little girl is generally an angel, but I'm still going to complain. Ever since our trip down to Ogden for New Year's (when I forgot her sleep swaddler), Josie thinks its fun to wake up in the middle of the night. I really shouldn't complain, since we got a solid 4 months of her sleeping almost 12 hours at night. But, when you go from sleeping nearly 12 hours to waking up in the middle of the night for 2 hours and then waking up earlier in the morning, it gets to be rough on mom. At first, she just did it once a week or so. So far this week, its been every night. I think I would be ok with it if I could take naps during the day, but my naps generally need to last at least 2 hours, and Josie just doesn't give me that kind of time.

Last night she woke up at 12:30. It wasn't so bad since we went to bed around 12. But she was in full freak out mode. She screamed while in her crib, while I held her, while Justin held her, when I rocked her, with the binky, without the binky, etc. She's been acting a little sick, so I gave her a teeny bit of tylenol, fed her a bottle, nursed her, rocked her and she still wouldn't stop screaming. Needless to say, I was a little aggravated. It seems that she thought it was time for her to be up and playing. Well, I finally got her calmed down and in her crib and got to my bed by about 1:30-2am. For the next half hour, she squawked every 10 minutes or so. I think she just wanted to make sure I was still awake. After a night like that, I don't know who's grouchy pants: her or me?

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

Oh man that can tough! I hope everything is okay and that Josie doesn't get more sick or anything. It's crazy these little phases that kids go through...hopefully it won't last long.

Kathryn said...

what is a sleep swaddler? sounds like a necessity i need to get cari for the new baby. :)

Jandel said...

Wow, Zach just stopped that, just wanted to remind me to appreciate that he could do that instead of sleeping through the night. Good luck.