Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture Day!

Josie is going to be 6 months old on Saturday. Can you believe it?? I can't! It doesn't seem like she's been around THAT long! Anyways, we went today to get her pictures taken for her 6 month milestone. In the past, I've gone to JCPenney's because I had a coupon for a $7.99 picture package and no sitting fees. (Super cheap, I know!) But I've never been really pleased with them. Those of you who have spent any time with Josie, you know she's a pretty happy, smiley baby. I have only ever gotten 1 pose with a half-smile at JCP. The photographers have never spent any time trying to get her to smile or anything. Anyways, so I was out of coupons and decided to try somewhere new. I have a sister-in-law who uses PictureMe in the Wal-Mart near her house, and her pictures are always adorable. Plus, they have no sitting fees. So, I decided to give it a try. I LOVED IT! We did 7 poses and she's smiling in every single one. They had a sale going on one of their packages, and they threw in a free 10X17 picture because it was my first time at the studio. They also let you buy a CD with all the pictures on it and if you get the CD, you then own the copyright on the pictures. I know some people have had bad experiences with that place in the past, but they have a new manager running the store now (I think her name is Annie) and she was the one who took the pictures for us today. She has kids of her own and has been doing photography for over 10 years. She was great! So I definitely recommend giving it a try. You can even request a specific photographer when you call to make the appointment. I am sold! Hurray for good pictures, finally!!!

Here are some other pictures from this week:


Josie is great at backing herself under the couch. I bet she'll be good a parallel parking...

TOES!!!!

Hello, I am Batbaby!

Josie feeds herself sometimes. Its so adorable!

7 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

Your daughter is so so cute. I love that dress you have her in! Where did you get it? I have never tried the WalMart photo place, always been a little scared, but maybe I will give our local one a try since you had such a good experience.

Alissa said...

The dress, of course, was a gift. :) The good thing about the Picture Me studios is that they aren't actually "Wal-Mart" studios, they just live in Wal-Mart.

Nielsen Family said...

How cute! She's getting so big. I wish I could get Emma's pictures professionally done...I just can't afford it here...argh get me outta here!

Jason and Abby said...

Oh how fun! Jason and I are so happy for you!

Noelle said...

Haha I like the picture where the couch looks like it's crushing her! Except for the fact that she has a huge smile on her face!

Jandel said...

She is so cute. It's amazing how fast they grow up. And yet the days drag by. Sort of funny. Thanks for the info. on the picture studio, I want to take some of Zach soon.

Stewart Family said...

So cute!!