1. It hurts! (Just ask Josie!)
2. It makes babies cranky.
3. Lots and lots of biting. And man, baby teeth are SHARP!
4. Teeth marks on anything soft enough to show them.
5. Crying as a result of #1 and #2 combined.
6. Drooling.
7. Rash caused by #6.
8. Diarrhea and therefore:
9. Diaper rash.
10. Sleepless nights.
Josie is working on 4 teeth that we can see so far. They are still quite a ways away, so I'm not looking forward to any respite from the symptoms of teething just yet. We've had a rough week this week. I think Josie only slept really well one or two nights. (I can't remember. This week is a little hazy.) The other fun we've been having this week, as you saw in the last post, is that Josie has figured out how to pull herself up and has been doing so on everything I let her get to. It's been an busy week.
We had to move a chair onto the carpeted area for her to climb on because we got too nervous about her climbing over the linoleum. It was a good thing we did too because not too long after this picture, she fell. And as soon as I had her calmed down, she crawled right over to the chair again. Crazy baby!
This is hard work!
I did it!
Our toy basket is elegant, isn't it? Josie figured out there were fun things in there and crawled right over, pulled herself up and started pulling things out. She just thinks she's big stuff these days.
We were having a hard day with the teething, so Josie got some juice and a nice bed made out of the couch pillows to snuggle up and watch signing time. She loves it! Everytime I put it on she smiles and gets excited. Its so cute!
Hopefully those teeth will hurry up so that we can end our adventures in teething for the time being.




5 comments:
ohh ya good luck with getting it over with teething. tate is 18 mo. and still it is a process that i sure wont miss. thanks again for helping me out the other day. i have brought them to work, my moms, visiting teaching, gave some to the missionaries and so forth....all have LOVED them....you are the best!!! thanks for your awesomeness!
Good luck with the teething....I think your toy basket is perfect.....in fact, we have one just like it!
Oh man! Who ever said being a stay at home mom is boring and easy needs to have a kid go through teething. It's tiring! That's smart that you put the chair over the carpet. I've heard some sad stories when babies are teething and they fall and hurt their gums. Like it doesn't hurt enough as it is!
We're going through the teething right now too, NO FUN!! And it's not gonna end anytime soon... :( Good luck!
At least she's cute while teething, right? ha ha ha I'm sure sorry about all the reasons it's such a pain.
Post a Comment