First off, Justin got me a new computer! Hurray! Actually, it isn't new. With a computer guy for a hubby, there's no way we'd get a new one when we could just buy pieces and put one together, right? So anyways, we're still working out the kinks, but its much faster than my previous one. I also still need to move all my files from the old one to the new one. It's nice to have a good computer though..
Secondly, my child has become a monster! Not really, but she has reached the age where she thinks she's the boss. We were in checking out the new Wal-mart yesterday and she threw a fit when I put her in the cart, when I took away the paper she was eating, when I wouldn't let her climb out of the cart, when we got back to the car, etc. I know it sounds like she's just cranky, but the fits have become the norm. If I don't do everything exactly the way she thinks things should go, we get a fit. (This goes for setting her down if she wants to be held, nap time, eating, and pretty much anything else you can think of). The only time I'm sure I won't get a fit is when we go for walks. She loves being outside!
Aside from being a little monster, Josie still does the funniest things and I love spending every day with her! Here are a few of my favorite things she does:
1. When she wakes up, she stands up in the corner of her crib and jumps. We can hear the springs. Then, she flips the light on and off for a while. It's so funny!
2. She still says "Ooohhh" whenever there's something new to look at, or if I'm talking to her about something. Sometimes is sounds like "Whoa".
3. Big CHEESY grins.
4. Mimicking cheers. We were watching "So You Think You can Dance" the other day and the crowd would go wild, and then you hear Josie, "AAAAHHHH" sounding almost just like the crowd. I'll post a video of that one soon.
5. She loves to pretend to talk on the phone. And to hold the phone while Mommy talks. So chances are, if you call me, you'll be put on speaker since Josie won't give up the phone.
6. Cruising--She can get just about anywhere in the house now and she walks most places with the help of furniture. She even tries to push the bar stools around.
7. Talking! She can say "Ball" and "Mama" and "Dad", and just yesterday, I'm pretty sure she said, "Yea!" Her little voice is adorable!
8. Giggles
9. Reading books. She helps me read stories to her. Pages get turned every which way about every other word and the whole story is "Ahbalskjfapoiojed" or some such babble.
10. Hugs and snuggles! Josie was always too busy looking around to give hugs and snuggles, but she's getting to the point that she likes them and I LOVE IT!
Here are some pictures from the last little while. Josie decided that her alpha-spinner was perfect height for a chair! It didn't last too long, as I'm sure you can imagine..
With the coming of summer, our flowers are starting to bloom! Here's one of the new lilies I put in this year. I'm so excited for all the colors! Our roses are starting to bloom too. I'll put up some more pictures when we have more pretty flowers.And here is the little monster. My kitchen drawers get emptied out at least twice a day. I tried to baby-proof them by tying them all together, but then she just opens them all and still manages to get stuff out. So any thoughts on keeping the drawers closed would be GREAT. As you can see, not even the sugar is safe!




5 comments:
Good luck baby proofing,we ended up buying locks from Walmart, but they are sort of a pain. They do work though...
Oh man, I know what you're going through with the tantrums. Luke won't stay in the cart anymore and runs away from me, so he isn't allowed in the store anymore. This means that sometimes I'm doing the shopping at eleven or twelve at night. Good luck with it. I don't I any advice because I just gave up taking him places.
The joys of babies growing into toddlers! We spend the first couple years encouraging them and helping them learn how to talk and walk and spend the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and be quiet! LOL! It's so much fun though! I know exactly what you are going through with drawers getting emptied. I installed some lock things I got from WalMart. They are quite a pain to install, but they work great! Good Luck!
haha well no advice but I can tell you it sounds like its the age since I'm going through the same thing. But with the tantrums come the funniest things I've ever seen or heard. PS my favorite is her sitting on her toy...that is adorable!
i finally have a free hand for a second...i can comment..yay!! love the pics..glad that you have a computer and a computer hubby! thanks for the fun the other night and for the YUMMY treat...it was almost better the next day!!! let go walking!!
Post a Comment