Saturday, October 17, 2009

Adventures in Sewing!

So, a few days ago, Justin came home and said, "Honey, I know you've been wanting a sewing machine for a long, LONG time now, so I decided that we are going to go out and get one tonight." What a great hubby, right?? I KNOW! :) I am by NO means a pro at sewing, but my mom did teach me the basics. So, we got a great deal on a beginner sewing machine and I have been sewing my heart out. I hemmed and mended the pants Justin has been waiting on for months, I made a few head bands, started on an aloha print patch quilt, and my favorite project of all, I made Josie a dress. A friend of mine is very crafty and I saw this on her blog, and had to look up the pattern here and try it out. I made a matching head band, and I think it turned out great! The blog with the pattern has a tutorial on how to make it and everything, and it was really quick and easy, even for someone like me who hasn't sewn in YEARS. It took me about and hour and a half with Josie being up and crazy.  I'll keep you posted on the other fun adventures we have in our new world of sewing!! :)


8 comments:

Stewart Family said...

I wanted to try making this one too. It is super cute! Did you guys make it today to Nikki's?

Tassia said...

Lissy! I am SEW impressed. LOL! Great job! I too would LOVE to have a sewing machine. I always see these TOTALLY cute crafts and want to do them. FUN! FUN!

Erin said...

That's awesome. I don't think I even remember how to run a sewing machine. The last time I ran one was in home ec in 7th grade. Way cute dress, great job:)

beth said...

What a sweet husband! The bubble dress turned out really cute. Love the fabric!

You know what's sad? My cousin gave me a sewing machine about a year ago. It still has yet to get some use. I don't remember how to use it!! haha

Cari said...

hooray for a sewing machine!! :) and what a cute dress..and model! :)

Brittnee said...

So cute. I will be attempting this. Yay for you. Be careful making little girl clothes is so addicting!

Mackenzie said...

Awesome job! That fabric is really cute.

Jandel said...

That's awesome. Maybe I should make a dress for Zach and stick him in it when no one else is around :)