Monday, October 26, 2009

Fabulous Fall!

Here's a few pictures of what we've been  up to for the last month.. (aside from sewing!) :)
Every year, some time in October, the family gets together and paints pumpkins from Mimi's garden.  Here are this years pictures:










You can come check out our pumpkins any time you want, they're sitting on our front porch. :) Next, we still have a very, very silly and cute little girl.
Where's Josie?



She has finally perfected the art of climbing on the coffee table. Hmmm..


On Saturday, we went to the annual North Logan City Pumpkin Walk! This was our first year ever going, and I LOVED it! It was so fun. They had a bunch of cut-outs that you could take pictures at. Here were our favorites:




Then, in the pavilion, they had a few really neat displays of carved/painted pumpkins. I think their theme this year was favorite TV commercials. Here are the carved pumpkins from the pavilion:

Then came the actual "walk". About halfway through, Justin and I noticed that we were going the opposite direction from EVERYONE else. Can't blame us though, we're new to this pumpkin walk thing, and there were no signs! Anyways, the walk was lined with carved pumpkins, and I hear that they light them up at night. We decided to go during the day because its been so cold lately! So, here are a couple of my favorite displays. Oh, key point, they make everything they can out of pumpkins!



I think we will be making the pumpkin walk part of our Halloween tradition!

On a more spiritual note, we had Stake Conference this weekend. We weren't able to go to the Saturday night meeting because everyone we know had a meeting as well, so no baby-sitter. But the Sunday meeting was GREAT! It was a broadcast from USU and President Eyring and Elder Ballard were among the speakers. I wasn't able to listen to too much of the speakers, about 20 minutes in, Josie started doing the sign for "all done" and running for the doors. But, one of the key things that I did hear was a warning from Pres. Eyring. He said to be careful when you are going through trials and not to turn inward. When you do that, you become selfish! I had never even considered that I was being selfish when going through a trial! Now that I look back and think about it, I do get VERY selfish! So, that is something that I will be working on. Besides, the best way to pull yourself out of a funk is to do something for someone else! It was a great conference and I'm glad we got to go!
Another thing we are working on lately is family prayers. They definitely have to be short and sweet, but Josie does pretty well. Here's our cute little bug getting ready for prayers... we sure love her to pieces!

7 comments:

beth said...

What a fun tradition! I just LOVE Halloween. That picture of Josie praying is precious!

Erin said...

Ya, we had the same broadcast down here by satalite for stake conference. I liked it too and I was thinking the same thing you were about President Erying's talk. We had the same problem for sat night so we missed that one too. It was really good though.

Tamara said...

I love seeing pics of your little girl, she is soo cute!

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is Josie? That looks like a fun Halloween tradition to keep up and your Stake Conference sounded good! Thanks for sharing!

The Child Family said...

Josie is so cute!!!! I love the Cinderella cut out with her cute little smile in it. We usually do the pumpkin walk every year, but we missed it this year :(

Stephanie Williams said...

Love the picture of Josie praying! So cute. The pumkin walk looks so cool, and I love your family tradition. So fun!

Tassia said...

No fair! I miss painting pumpkins with everyone. :( Josie is such a cute little stinker! :) Can't wait for you guys to meet Delaney! :o)