I hate dealing with cars! Why can't they just work, and when you need to do something, like get a car registered, why won't it cooperate?? About a month ago, I got a newer car from my sister in California. We got it home and now I'm trying to get it registered in Utah. First, we had to wait for the lending company to send the title to my parents because they sent it to the wrong address the first time, then we had to wait for my mom to send it to us. We finally got the title and then we had to fix the break light. We found out before we left California that it wasn't the bulb that needed replacing, but the bulb-holder was broken. So we went to some auto parts stores up here only to find out that it is a VW specific part and the only way to get one is from a dealer. The closest VW dealer is in Salt Lake. Agh! So we kept putting that off, obviously not wanting to drive to Salt Lake for a stupid bulb holder. I eventually looked in the phone book, just to sate my curiosity, and lo and behold, there is a VW Parts store in Ogden! Happy day! We were headed to Ogden for the holidays anyways. We called ahead and made sure they had the part and we finally picked it up this past Friday. It cost $22 stupid dollars for a stupid plastic piece that holds the bulb. Grr. Well yesterday, I was all sorts of handy and installed the new piece myself and drove the car on down to yon shop for a state inspection. My sister had put some used tires on the car over the summer and the guy told her that they would be good for about a year. (she got a really good deal on rims and tires together). Turns out that "good for a year" translates into "won't pass the Utah state safety inspection". But I'm getting ahead of myself. There was a 45 minute wait at the shop yesterday afternoon, but he assured me that they are less busy in the morning, so I should come back then. Bright and early this morning, Josie and I piled into the bug and headed up to get the car inspected. How long a wait, do you suppose? That's right. 45 minutes to an hour. I'm glad they were so much less busy. I should have just done it yesterday. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour with a sleepy/grouchy/teething baby, they came out and told me that my tires and windshield wipers didn't pass, and quoted me some new tires for $109/tire. I said "forget you" and paid them for a piece of paper that says "REJECTED" in big red ink across the bottom. Justin and I called around for some prices on tires and found the cheapest ones for significantly less than the price of $109. Anyways, after Josie had a 20 minute nap and some cereal, we were off again. The tire store said that if I got there right away, there was no line and it would take 30 minutes tops. I got there, there was no line, and I sat in the waiting area for an hour. They didn't have the tires at the store and had to send a guy to pick them up from storage. By this time, I'm starving, Josie's tired and hungry and still quite grouchy because she's working on that 2nd tooth. I'm a wee bit paranoid, especially when it comes to car stuff because I can't do anything if something goes wrong with my car. So, the whole way home, I keep thinking things like "I hope they tightened the lug nuts all the way, because what would I do if a tire fell off?" and "I hope they put the lug nut covers all back on so that my car doesn't look any more ghetto-fab than it already is..."
Anyways, Josie fell asleep in the car on the way home, so I decided to let her get a nap and eat before we set off to get re-inspected. Once we got home, she didn't want to nap anymore, but it wasn't quite time to eat. Result=Fussy baby. I finally decided that I am DONE with car stuff for today. I will start again tomorrow by driving up to get the car inspected, because they are so much less busy in the morning.....
I see a pattern forming, how about you?
p.s. Josie's 2nd tooth finally made its appearance! She's been working on it since the first one showed up on the 27th. She looks so cute with those little teeth!
Pegboard Corner Desk Tutorial
5 years ago




2 comments:
Grr... I know exactly what you mean. When we bought our car it took forever to get the last lien off the title, get the title, safety inspect it, then fork out almost $300 just to register it. I hope it works out for you!
you're so much more responsible than us. our strategy is to just not register the car at all. lol. We wait until the safety tags from the old state expire and then do it. California doesnt respect other states saftey tags so we would lose the money we paid in hawaii. we are gonna wait til april and if we get pulled over, try and talk our way out. Cars suck. Who knew when we were kids and wanted to drive so much that this is what it took.... I think I would like to go back to then and not have to worry about the adult stuff.
Post a Comment