Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What movie, what movie?

I yet again stole a fun idea from one of my friends' blogs. Here is how it goes:
- Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
- Go to imdb.com and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess. NO cheating!
- Bold it when someone guesses the movie correctly

1. "I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else."
"Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know. " ~Charade

2. "Do these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?" ~ Pride and Prejudice

3. "Some little filly break your heart?"
"No, it was a girl." ~Dumb and Dumber


4. "Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life." ~ The Goonies

5. "That's not six."
"One plus two plus two plus one."
"Uh-uh, there was only one shot that got the chandelier. That's one plus two plus ONE plus one."
"Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one."
"Okay, fine. One plus two plus one... Shut up! The point is, there is one bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it!"
~Clue

6. "I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little surprises."
"Many pinatas?"
"Oh yes, many!"
"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"
"A what?"
"A plethora."
"Oh yes, you have a plethora."
"Jefe, what is a plethora?"
"Why, El Guapo?"
"Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora."
"Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?"
~The Three Amigos

7. "His destructive programming is taking effect. He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities, where he will back up sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everyone's left shoe." ~Lilo and Stitch

8. "There were no F names in the Bible so Ma named him Frankincense because he smelled so sweet." ~Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

9. "Excuse me. May I go to the bathroom first?"
"Of course you may."
[after a pause, and with relief] "Thank you." ~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

10. "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine!" ~The Count of Monte Cristo

11. "I feel like you're driving me to court martial. This is crazy. What did I do? I feel like you're gonna pull over and snuff me. What, you're not allowed to talk? Hey, Forest..."
"We can talk, sir."
"Oh, I see. So it's personal."
"No, you intimidate them."
"Good Gosh, you're a woman! I honestly, I couldn't have called that. I mean, I would apologize, but isn't that what we're going for here? I thought of you as a soldier first."
"I'm an airman."
"Well you have actually excellent bone structure there. I'm kinda having a hard time not looking at you now. Is that weird?" ~Iron Man


12. "I should probably warn ya: you make friends with us, you make enemies with everyone else."
"Is that a promise?"
"It's a guarantee." ~Chocolat


13. "Du Jour means seat belts. Du Jour means crash positions!" ~Josie and the Pussycats

14. "Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's JUST a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, 'He can't climb that mountain, he's JUST a man', or 'That's not a diamond, it's JUST a rock.' Just." ~Finding Neverland

15. "I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically... I want you to know that I was rooting for you. Know that. Elizabeth... it would never have worked between us darling. I'm sorry... Will... nice hat. Friends... This is the day that you will ALWAYS remember as the day that you..." ~Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl

10 comments:

Mel said...

4 is totally Goonies, the greatest movie ever! Gotta love Chunk! Yes I am stalking your blog!:)
Mel Lindell

Noelle said...

Okay...

2. Pride and Prejudice- When I did Stef's I finished watching that movie a min before I took her quiz. Well I am pathetic and just watched it again a minute ago! Seriously!

3. Dumb and Dumber

4. Goonies

5.Clue!!

6. The Three Amigos

7. Meet the Robinsons??

9. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

10. Count of Monte Cristo

11. Iron Man

15. Pirates of the Caribbean

My game has been in the works and now I think I need to change a few lines or choose different movies because we'll all have Pride and Prejudice! That was fun!!

Jandel said...

7 Lilo and Stitch

Oh, and way cute baby you have there. And I completely agree about why you have the blog, about the baby. That's the reason I come and check it.

Stewart Family said...

Musicals seem to be my forte on these. By the time I read them they are the only ones that are left that I know that no one else has done.

8-Seven brides for seven brothers :o)

Stephanie Williams said...

13 is Josie and the Pussy Cats and 14 is Three Muskateers or however its spelled! fun fun!

Noelle said...

I come back everyday to see if someone's answered #12. If no one does you have to let me know. And I'm glad you had Polly to answer Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I couldn't put my finger on that one either.

Alissa said...

Ok, here are some hints. #1 is an old film starring Cary Grant. #12 and #14 are both spoken by Johnny Depp. Good luck!

Stewart Family said...

Aha!!

Well, maybe...

1. Charade ?
12. Chocolate ?
14. still can't think of it.

Alissa said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go Polly! :)

Laurel said...

14 is totally Finding Neverland! I love that movie!