This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid, so when I saw it at Wal-Mart in a board book, I couldn't pass it up! They did a board book version that isn't the same as the regular book, but its still fun. Josie loves to read it! Today, we were sitting down to read it, and Josie looked up at me and said, "Dya!" and then patted her thigh (the sign for dog). Each time I pointed to a dog in the book and asked her what it was, she said, "Dya!" and did the sign. We did something else for a while and she caught sight of the book. She scurried over to it and said, "Dya!" and did the sign again. I was SO shocked! I am constantly amazed by how incredibly intelligent babies are! I watch the little ones at church, and my nieces and nephews and they are all SO SMART! So hurray for all you smart little babies out there, and to all you mothers who encourage them. :)I'm just afraid for the day that Josie starts out-smarting me...




2 comments:
I don't think that I have ever read that book...but I'm going to now!
I know what you mean about that book. It was Mike's fav as a kid and so we got it for our kids and I think we have read it at least once a week for the last 2 years. I am so sick of it! lol Josie is so smart with the sign language. I wish I had taught my kids that. You are such an incredible mom.
Post a Comment