Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

We haven't had a whole lot going on since we got home from Hawaii. The most excitement comes from Josie. She is at such a fun age right now! The hard part is that she's into EVERYTHING. The fun part is that I can tell she understands a lot of the things I say, and she's really picking up on the sign language stuff. She can now say milk, please, cracker and more. Her signs for cracker and more look a lot alike and kind of look like her clap, but there are subtle differences. She also plays peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. Its so adorable! I love being a mom!!!
One of Josie's favorite toys are shoes of any kind. Here she is trying out Dad's shoes.
I've put off buying a gate because we don't have any stairs in the house and I usually just make barricades with things like her car seat or toy basket. Well, I think I might have to buy a gate...
Random funny picture of the week: Sad Cheese! It was like that when we opened the package. It must have known its destiny was to be eaten...
Friday evening and Saturday morning were filled up with my mother's day present. I have been bugging Justin for a long time about putting new edging in on our planters, since some of the planters didn't have anything and the others had rotting wood. So I got new edging! Hurray! For those of you who didn't see the planters before, they look 100 times better.
Back yard


Front yard
We had to dig almost 1 foot of grass out of each of these planters. It was lots of work! The next step is to pull out the dying/dead trees...


Justin had to give a talk in church on Mother's day. They gave him the topic of "Finding Joy in Life" and asked him to tie it in to mother's day. He did an excellent job!
After church, we headed down to the in-laws to celebrate mother's day down there. It was one of the few times that EVERYONE was there. It was loads of fun! Sorry, the pictures aren't in order.

Josie riding the rocking horse

Playing with Tucker
Mimi opening all her presents, with the help of most of her grandkids.
I just thought this was funny.. both kids have something shoved in their mouths.
Playing with Kate

I hope that all of you wonderful mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's day! And I just want you all to know.. I have the best mom in the world!! I wish we could have spend Mother's day with her too, but thank goodness for technology! If I couldn't call and talk to my mom any time I want, there's no way I'd be living in Utah. I love you mom!

2 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

sounds like a good weekend. I love Josie's outfit, the pink shirt and brown skirt. Its so cute. Glad you had such a good Mother's Day!

Nielsen Family said...

Cute, I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. It is such a fun distructive age! haha