Noun- a narrow, blind tube protruding from the cecum, having no known useful function, in humans being 3 to 4 in. (8 to 10 cm) long and situated in the lower right-hand part of the abdomen.
So on Sunday morning I woke up with a stomachache. Since Josie had been sick for a couple of days, I figured I had just picked something up. Shortly before church, I started having a pain in the right side of my abdomen that then continued through the day. It wasn't TOO bad, it was mostly just annoying. I still just thought I was sick because I was nauseous on and off through out the day. That afternoon we went down to Ogden for dinner because I was feeling a little better, but then it just got worse. By the time we got back home, I was sick of hurting and pretty much miserable. So we called our nurse hot line and they recommended going to the ER, since the urgent care was already closed. I felt silly going to the ER because I was sure they were going to tell me I had gas or something. But we called some friends to watch Josie (THANK YOU BRYAN AND ANNA!!!!) and we were hopeful that we'd be back fairly quickly.
We got all checked in at the ER around 10, and after poking and prodding, the doctor was pretty sure that it was my appendix, but they had to be positive before operating. So I got to have a "fun" CT scan. Luckily, the on call surgeon was around and they got me into the OR within the hour. At 12:22, after a 20 minute surgery, I gained consciousness and was suddenly without an appendix. My mouth felt like I had swallowed a whole bag of cotton balls. Seriously, I have NEVER had such a bad case of dry mouth. Justin told me that it was so bad that my mouth wasn't moving right and was like dried/stuck in place. Disgusting. Anyways, everything went well and I stayed the night to recover. I got to come home around 1:30pm today. So here I am, with some unsightly staples in my stomach, 2 more water bottles from the hospital, and very much appendix-less.
We are just so glad that we were able to get in and get in taken care of before it ruptured, and doubly glad to have friends that we can trust with our baby, even though we really weren't planning on her staying the night. Thank you to everyone for your calls, text messages, and help!! What an adventure!
Pegboard Corner Desk Tutorial
5 years ago




11 comments:
Oh my heavens!!!! glad you are ok. <3
I am so glad that you're doing better. You're recovering really quickly - that's awesome. Enjoy those recovery pain meds!
We had so much fun with Josie. She is so pleasant & cute & happy. I loved it.
We're glad everything turned out o.k. Let me know if you need anything. We would love to watch Josie for you if you need some more recovery time, or even if you just need some date night time:)
WOW! That is crazy. Let me know if you need anything. I would be happy to walk over and help any way I can.
sheesh...i noticed that you were not there on sunday and thought that the illness had just gotten worse. I am so sorry that you had to go through this, but sounds like you did it in a good and timely matter. Hope you are doing well and of course if you need help, call! good luck love!
Lissy - you poor thing, that is no fun at all! Your baby is sooo cute! If you guys ever come down to Provo - call me!!
oh man..how scary! glad you're ok!!
I'm so sorry! We had no idea! I hope you're feeling better. Let us know if you need anything!
Alissa! I am so sorry! I am glad you got it taken care of so quickly and nothing to bad happened. I hope you feel better!
Well.. I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with you and that you're ok now!!
Glad you got that stinkin thing out!! How awful. Hope you heal quickly, and those staples come out soon.
Post a Comment