Well, I had my follow-up with the surgeon today. He said that everything looks great, and even though its too soon to say that I'm as good as new, I'm pretty close. Hurray! The incisions have closed and they took out the staples today, so I don't have to worry as much about infection. Also, the pain is mostly gone, it just gets bad if I forget and make a sudden turn or something like that. My sister Kelley and her fiance Nate were nice enough to come up and watch Josie for me while I went to the doctor (since I technically shouldn't be lifting her while she's in her car seat). After the appointment they hung around for lunch. It was fun to see them.
I also realized that I didn't mention that they were able to do this surgery laparoscopically (I have no idea if I spelled that right...) Anyways, instead of doing one BIG incision, they did three small ones and put in a scope and tools to quickly remove it without opening me up. The down time after that kind of surgery is much MUCH shorter than the big slice ones.
Hurray for a quick recovery!! :)
Pegboard Corner Desk Tutorial
5 years ago




2 comments:
So glad you are doing better, thank heavens for the new technology, huh?!! Hey, if you ever need to leave Josie while you run to an appt or anything, I'm right here!! Just call me :D I'm almost ALWAYS home!!
i can't believe that you came to church on sunday and even played the piano....you are amazing! glad that you are feeling better. if you are interested....girls night out sat. 6:00 pm meet at jamie childs and we are car pooling to eat at cafe rio and then after going to her house to hang...if you don't want to eat just meet us there at her house at 7:00pm you better come...or else..hee hee!
Post a Comment