I would say that I'm not complaining, but I am. I wish I had a vinyl fence!!! Our fence was put in by the previous owners, and it was a major plus to even have a fence, since many in the neighborhood don't. But the longer we've lived here, there more I've realized that our fence stinks. The previous owners put it in themselves and did an OK job. One gate was upside-down (with the lattice-work on bottom..) and the other gate is jimmy-rigged to close. hmm.
Then they let their 10 year old and younger boy do the staining. Not so awesome. Then they didn't even stain the back side of the back fence! And now we're finding out that they didn't use a waterproofing stain. (As it was explained to me, there are wood stains that offer a good deal of protection naturally. Then there are waterproofing stains that are the best protection and last longer). So now the rest of the fence looks really shoddy and needs a new coat of stain. My neighbor's daughter and her friend stained the main panels of the back fence as a service project for Young Women's, which was awfully nice of them, and GREATLY APPRECIATED. They did a wonderful job! Now I'm working on doing the rest a little at a time. I was outside for 1 hour today and got the framing around the lattice-work on about 4 panels of fencing done. This is going to take a long, LONG time. If anyone is bored and wants to do some staining....
I wish I had a vinyl fence.. any kind would do. I'm not picky. Well, not THAT picky. :)



4 comments:
I know exactly how you feel! Our house in Utah is fenced in, but by neighbors, not us, so we get the ugly back side, and then our dog ate through one part. We want a concrete wall though. Ah, the joys if home ownership eh?
I want one too!! They are so nice. At least you can choose your fence. We can only have a chain link so that the inspectors can see into our backyard...along with everyone else!
I hear yah!! I'm actually thinking of tying my kids up on a dog line that they can run back and forth on. ;)
We are staining too right now. It's a major pain indeed. The major waterproofing protectant stuff is so expensive.....which is why we are not using it.....like the previous owners of your house :).....we don't plan to stay so we got the cheap stuff. Someone is going to be cursing me in two years! :)
Post a Comment