Friday, October 10, 2008

In honor of Halloween..

Happy Halloween! Halloween has always been one of my favorite 'holidays'. As a kid, it was the candy, of course, and the dress up! Well, now its about the same. I love the candy still, and dressing up is fun, though I don't usually get the chance to do it. We don't know anyone who has a halloween dress-up party, and we're a little old for trick-or-treating. But this year, my Halloween-fervor has been rekindled! I made some delicious sugar cookies and some boys in the neighborhood helped me decorate them (see above. Isn't that great?? Love 'em!). And I have this awesome light-up spiderweb decoration on my porch. I need to take a picture of that. I got my fall decor up too. And best of all, I bought Josie a halloween costume! I'll put a picture up once I make her wear it. The other thing I loved to do around Halloween was scare littler kids. Again, not so cool for me to do that now. But, in honor of the Halloween of my youth, here are a couple of pictures.
A big fuzzy catepillar decided to live in my garage. I had never in real life seen a catepiller that looked like that! I thought it was awesome! So I took a picture and was on my way. Well, I forgot he was there when I got back and now you know why would should never ever play where cars park.
Yes, its gruesome. But hey, it's Halloween! :)

2 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

haa haa, i think the yearbook photos are more scary than the catepiller.....scary...perfect for halloween. j/k

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read more about you! I'm still jealous that you've lived in Hawaii. Maybe we should all take a trip there sometime!! Thanks for posting. That sounds awesome about getting in the festive spirit - cute cookies! And I love the new look to your blog! You're so cool, Alissa!