Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Things

Now that I'm at home with the baby, I have all the spare time that I didn't have when I was going to work 8 hours a day. I went to the library yesterday, knowing that I have a list of books a mile long that I want to read. As I wandered around the library looking for books, I couldn't think of even one off my list. So I am compiling a list that I can print out and take with me to the library next time I go. I am ALWAYS looking for suggestions on books to read. The only kind I don't really enjoy are the sappy romances. So anything else, suggest away!

I'm also trying to think of inexpensive things to do with family/friends so that its not ALWAYS game night at my house or their house or whatever. I do enjoy game night, so new game ideas are welcome too.


Finally, exciting news! I have been trying really hard to keep in shape, since I got in pretty good shape right before I had Joslyn. And I am so excited to announce that I actually weigh LESS than it says on my driver's license! Hurray!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'm a Dean Kuntz fan. He writes some awesome mysteries, if you're into them.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the weight. That's great.

I've had the same thoughts about Game Night. I love it...but what other options do we have that don't cost much. I'll keep thinking with ya.

Melinda said...

Hey Alissa! Congrats on getting so fit! Matt and I keep getting flabbier and flabbier... You motivate me.

Are you on Good Reads? A bunch of us are (Becky, Laura, Laurel...). It's a cool site to recommend books back and forth. Of course, most of my book recommendations are boring business books...because that's what I'm reading now-a-days. But, Becky always posts some good ones.

You may already be on there...I can't recall.

Nielsen Family said...

Spare time? How do you have that? Well I'm no help cause all I read is the sappy romances. The only thing I do with friends here is getting together for a potluck meal and playing card games. There is this one game out there called The Eternal Companions Game...its a play on The Newlywed Game...its super super cheesy but with the right people can be a blast. You've lost weight? Ah lucky. I tried to work out good but then I started to loose my milk. What did you do?

Alissa said...

By spare time, I mean when I'm either feeding the baby or she's sleeping and I'm neglecting housework. :) Those are prime reading times!
As to what I did to lose weight, my baby came 9 days late so I spent a LOT of time going on long walks with my mom in the weeks before Josie came, so I actually lost weight in the last few weeks of being pregnant. Since Josie was born, I've been eating less and healthier and doing a light core strength workout. Nothing too big, but more than I was doing before.