Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shots, shots and more shots.

Today was the big day. The 2 month appointment. On a good note, Joslyn is healthy. She's now up to 23 inches and about 11 lbs. The bad part was.. dun dun dun... the shots! I didn't think I'd have a problem with it, seeing as how I'd much rather have Josie get the shots than get one of the diseases. But mean old Anna made me hold her legs down while they poked her. Thankfully, there were only 3 shots and 2 people giving the shots and so it was over so quickly that I didn't have time to start crying. Josie, however, was not so lucky. She was more worked up than I've ever seen her. It was like this picture, only much, much worse. It was so sad!

Can't wait for the 4 month appointment....




On the less heart-breaking side of life, Josie is discovering the joy of putting things in her mouth. She sometimes needs a little help on the aim, but once she gets it to her mouth, life is good. If I put anything close to her hands, like a burp cloth, or toys, she grabs on and tries to pull it towards her head. And she grabs on with a death grip!


Another new thing that's not quite as fun is the spit bubbles. She's a pro. Unfortunately, she's not so good at keeping the spit in her mouth while blowing bubbles, so the front of her onesy can get pretty soaked.





She is getting pretty good at holding her head up, when she wants to, of course. She gets tired pretty quickly when she's on her tummy, but she can hold her head up for a long time when she tries standing up or looking over my shoulder.





I am amazed at the many different positions she wiggles into to sleep. Sometimes it looks like her head will touch her bum. Crazy little baby.


Last but not least, Josie got to go to her first campfire last night! We went up into Logan Canyon with some friends in our neighborhood and roasted marshmallows, etc. However, there was no holding hands and singing kumbaya. What a disappointment. :)

Oh yea, and I chopped all my hair off yesterday. I'm still not sure if I like it or not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry about making your sweet, adorable, happy little Joslyn cry today. That was so sad to see that. Seriously, that is really the worst part of our job - I can handle all the other stress, but to give babies shots - is so hard. I hope she recovered okay. I'm so sorry again!!

I do love your short hair. It looks really nice & refreshing. I really like it.

Well, I hope Josie won't hate me forever.

Alissa said...

haha, its ok! She fell asleep on the car ride home and slept a good part of the day. Around 3:30, she woke up for the 2nd time and was angry as all get out, but we gave her a little tylenol and she's just fine now. I'll tell her it was someone else who poked her. :)

Charee B Mcclellan said...

glad that she is doing better, i always wondered way people had such a hard time until i had to have my own kid get shots! it is sad, but it does get better as each time you do it! she will be fine! thanks for coming last night, we had a great time. wish more people could have come....maybe next time. Loven the hair cut, it looks dang good on you, i wish mine turned out that good. take care and good luck tonight!

Nielsen Family said...

I'm terrible but I loved when Emma got her shots...she slept for 2 days straight! haha

I love her sleeping position! When I pick Emma out of her car seat she does the same thing...sticks her little bumb out. Its my favorite baby pose!

Jandel said...

The fun of shots. Zach still screams bloody murder, but maybe she will get used to them. I love all the cute pictures you take, they are great.